Do you have account management skills?
We are looking for a talented individual who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a place where you can reach your true potential.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Sales team. This role is a permanent contract for an Account Manager, to be homebased in or around the South West region. Working alongside the Sales Director you will effectively manage a designated portfolio of customers, including planning and prioritizing sales activity to ensure customer retention, growth and profitability.
You will also have the ability maximize sales growth in a specified geographical territory or a group of defined customers, consistent with Company strategy and objectives.
- Deliver agreed targets within agreed budget to meet the wider requirements of the business for nominated customers or market sectors.
- Achieve assigned activity goals and other defied targets for the territory or group of customers/accounts as agreed with the reporting manager.
- Promote and sell all Whistl downstream access products to defined customer base; cross sell door drop delivery products where appropriate.
- Ensure correct information/data is provided for billing purposes and facilitate prompt payment by customers once invoiced
- Ensure contractually agreed service standards are provided to individual customers and, where necessary, liaise with the operations and other functional areas to ensure any issues are resolved in a timely manner to the customer's satisfaction.
- Work with Line Manager to develop customer and or sector specific plans, including a contact plan, to deliver agreed targets.
- Liaise with all necessary internal colleagues to optimise service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Provide customers with regular reports in agreed timescales and where appropriate investigate and report any shortfall/discrepancies highlighted by such reports to the Line Manager.
- Provide accurate and timely internal reports both regular and ad-hoc.
- Understand and work within policy standards of individual customers to ensure service provisions/ requirements are fulfilled.
- Conduct sales calls, carry out pre-call planning and preparation and develop a self-analytical approach in order to identify learning areas from each call.
- Effectively utilize the relevant software to maintain accurate and up to date records; provide related reports as required
- Project a professional impression of the Company and act in accordance with the relevant industry code of practice.
- Discuss, agree and document assigned activity, Key Performance Indicator tools, and targets as agreed with Line Manager.
- Successfully complete career development courses and additional training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Account Manager | Account | Sales | Reports | Software | KPI |Customer Care | Account Management
Company Pension Scheme, Sales Commission, Car or Car Allowance
- Ability to understand and articulate customer needs and requirements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to adapt communication style, amount and format based upon the audience.
- Ability to influence at colleague level.
- Ability to conduct face to face presentations to customers.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, including ability to analyse data and draw relevant conclusions.
- Good knowledge of postal and parcel industry as well as knowledge of any specific market sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of Whistl UK products and services.
- Fluency software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems
- Experience in the postal industry and related competitive environment
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items