We have an exciting 12 month, fixed term opportunity for someone to lead the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of our HR Information System (HRIS).
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of Northgate ResourceLink and COGNOS based reporting in order to be able to identify improvements for our current HR Information System, how we use it and how it works alongside other key company systems (e.g. Time and attendance systems, active directories and our learning management system). In addition you will be responsible for managing and quality assuring the integrity of HR data on a day to day basis, creating and generating accurate, user friendly HR reports, and providing training for system users.
A team player, with a positive 'can-do' attitude, you will be able to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to effectively analyse business processes, then develop and deliver solutions that meet the business need. You will need to demonstrate experience working within a fast paced HR or similar environment managing demanding and conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Leading the delivery, implementation and maintenance of the Human Resources Information System (Northgate ResourceLink) and ensuring the system works effectively with and alongside other key Company systems.
- Providing dedicated support for the development and maintenance of the Northgate ResourceLink modules and coordinating the effective exchange of data from Northgate ResourceLink to other internal and or external databases and or systems as required.
- Liaise and agree with colleagues and other key stakeholders the HR requirements and demands for the system.
- Configure and implement agreed Northgate ResourceLink modules and or changes / optimisations in line with the agreed HRIS Project Plan.
- System design and maintenance including: setting up posts, attaching posts to the HR Hierarchy and P2P reporting; designing, creating and linking job families, service conditions, patterns and new locations; and updating the HR Hierarchy in line with organisation changes and restructures.
- Maintaining and creating security profiles, which involves linking set menus/tasks and access rights to user groups.
- Ensuring the provision of quality input and analysis of employee and other people management data to provide insight, advice and guidance on operational and strategic Human Resources initiatives.
- Creating and generating accurate, user friendly HR and people management reports (using COGNOS based reporting tools and excel), including developing a Human Resources key performance indicator (KPI) scorecard and dashboard.
- Cognos System Administration - Create/Amend catalogues, add tables to the catalogue, create joins between tables, creating folder structures, creating user profiles and passwords, scheduling reports, linking User defined fields to tables etc.
Northgate | Cognos | HR | Data | Analyst | HRIS | Human Resources
- Able to illustrate confidence and astuteness in interrogating statistical data with the ability to work with a range of departments.
- Able to consistently produce high quality and accurate work with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team demonstrating a hands on, energetic style with a 'can do, will do' attitude.
- Excellent and confident communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Able to quickly grasp organisational strategy and objectives.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to carry out a range of duties.
- Resilient and adequately robust when dealing with sensitive issues or conflicting viewpoints.
- IT Literate with advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office in particular Excel.
- Extensive experience in the use of Northgate Resource Link and Cognos based reporting.
- General experience of HR, payroll and/or Time & Attendance systems would be beneficial but is not essential
- Able to coach managers and colleagues on HR best practice, policies and legal considerations.
- Available and able work outside standard business hours on occasion to meet the needs of the business.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree or other relevant qualification in human resources for example CIPD level 5 or equivalent
- The individual must have an extensive understanding and experience of HR information systems.
- Typically we would estimate that it would take between 3 - 4 years' experience with an HR system and ideally within an HR environment to meet the needs of this role.
- Previous experience in MI analysis ideally gained within the transport/logistics (or similar industry)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies and practices, including recruitment, reward, and learning and development.
- Proven project management skills.
- This role will require travel to our other sites and off-site meetings to attend conference and system user group meetings, therefore full clean UK driving licence is essential with own car an advantage
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels, fulfilment and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.