Technical Solutions Analyst
Technical Solutions Analyst
About the Company
The company is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be 'the best thing since sliced bread', this company actually are! In the 1930's they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
The Technical Solutions Analyst role is responsible for the creation of technical infrastructure project proposals that will provide the platform for the company's Business Units operations and applications. The role is seen as a Subject Matter Expert for specific technologies across the environment so a deep and thorough understanding of the technologies and how they interact is a necessity.
The role will be reporting to the Technical Solutions Team Leader and working closely with the Infrastructure Teams, Project Management Office, Customer champions, Service, Desktop, Enterprise Architect and Business unit representatives.
To provide new technical designs and provide recommendations and costs for new system requirements submitted by the business to agreed performance indicators KPIs.
To provide technical analysis of designs submitted by Business Units resulting in recommendations and costs for new system requirements to agreed KPIs.
To provide technical support to the Project Services and Infrastructure Teams (Networks, Servers, Desktop architect)
To maintain the appropriate areas of the company IT Reference Architecture in conjunction with the Enterprise Architect.
The right person will have a college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or 5 years equivalent work experience. They will need excellent communication skills (written, listening, oral and presentation), the ability to produce articulate and accurate proposals and recommendations and have the experience in developing infrastructure solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in LAN\WAN internetworking including wireless and VPN ideally Avaya, Cisco and Juniper products and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in telephony ideally Avaya, Cisco and Juniper products and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of server operating systems including server roles.
- Knowledge and experience of additional server platforms and applications (Active Directory, Exchange, VMware etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of Storage Area Networks (SAN) ideally (HDS VSP, Brocade, Fibre Channel switches) and various Host Bus adaptors (HBAs)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into technical products and services as required.
- Ability to keep current on all relevant technical products and services.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Working Environment and Package
In return for your services and commitment to the company, you will work in a rewarding, valued and challenging environment. Your typical week will be around 37.5 hours per week with some travel required at times. Outlined below are the benefits attached to the role:
- Up to 10% bonus (5% personal and 5% business performance)
- BUPA Health Care
- Matched up to 10% pension
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- 'My Staff Shop' membership
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity or would like to apply then please contact Jonny Duggan on or email .