Care Assistant & Home Helper
6 days left
- Full Time
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Care Assistant & Home Helper? Are you interested in part time hours in the Salford area of Greater Manchester, and are you a car driver?
This is a brilliant opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship and personal care to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent by:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines;
- Prompting to take medication;
- Being a friend and good company;
- Preparing nutritious and hearty meals;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups;
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments.
Being a Care Assistant & Home Helper, isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend. Your visits will always be at least 1-hour, so there will plenty of time to care and build a relationship that lasts.
There are some rewarding benefits too, including:
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job;
- Excellent hourly rate of £8.20 – £17.40;
- Competitive mileage allowance;
- Continuous training and support, with fantastic progression opportunities.
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-30 hours per week. Unfortunately, full time or school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
What skills do you need to be a Care Assistant & Home Helper?
Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with.
You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing, or brushing their hair.
You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
Apply for Care Assistant & Home Helper
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly