Operating from the office in Portsmouth in the south of England, a newly acquired business in off street parking market is looking for a new financial controller. It is part of the International group which deals with off street parking worldwide.
Description: The role
The Financial controller will require both commercial and technical accounting skills. They will be required to liaise with the three key elements of the business (Maintenance, project deployment and our French parent company) and highlight any accounting issues. The candidate would be expected to play a key role in supporting local management so the ability to get on with and influence management is essential.
They will be required to liaise with senior management, accounting and other elements of the business to explain variances to budget and discuss any accounting or finance issues. The role will require someone that is driven and focused to achieve the required goals without direct day to day supervision.
REPRESENTATIVE PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform financial forecasting, variance analysis of actual vs forecast and reconciliation of internal accounts
- Manage both local ledgers and group ledgers for the company
- Create and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual reports to ensure financial information has been recorded accurately
- Prepare and monitor cash management process
- Prepare financial and business related analyses and research in areas such as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investments
- Advise on key accounting principles applied to the business and work with other departments to ensure they are complied with.
- Supervision of accounting assistant
- Prepare statutory accounts and various tax returns (VAT, Payroll and corporation tax).
- Monitor and improve on existing internal controls and processes
- Excellent project and inventory accounting skills
- Potential to support the USA division
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Typical Years of Experience:
- Bachelors degree in accounting and CPA certification or country equivalent a Plus,
- 5 plus years of management accounting experience.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and policies.
- Knowledge of French GAAP would be useful,
- Experience with SAP
Key skill for this job would include the following:
- Good working knowledge of dealing with accounting transactions
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in analysis of financial statement results
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain accounting concepts and provide instruction to all levels within the business
- Parking industry experience desirable
Closing Date - Friday 15th of June 2018