5 days left
- Full Time
Can you demonstrate that you have excellent attention to detail?
Are able to communicate with people at all levels, sharing complex information clearly and concisely and are goal orientated with a proactive, pragmatic and disciplined approach to work?
Are you interested in starting or continuing a career in Credit Control or Finance?
Then we want to hear from you.
We currently have a permanent position for a Credit Controller who, working alongside the Credit Manager and team, will play a key role in reducing Debtor Ledger balances through the effective management of relationships and communications with our customers.
In addition to dealing with customer queries and payments you will be responsible for the production and sending of statements, ad-hoc sales ledger duties and working closely with internal and external stakeholder to manage debt.
About The Team:
We are a small, close knit team that support each other, working collaboratively to deliver first class service.
Lead by our Senior Financial Controller, our teams are divided into 3 key transactional functions, treasury, accounts payable, and credit control. We are not a typical finance department.
For starters we are not dull or boring, we are forward thinking and innovative and we take pride in delivering and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer, as well as keeping a close eye on the Whistl purse strings because our core fundamental belief is that every successful business needs strong financial management that enables them to make good business decisions. And that is what we do best.
- To take an active role in reducing Debt, improve Cash flow and offer an exemplary level of customer service.
- Owning, professionally handling and successfully closing all customer service enquiries and escalating to the Senior Credit Controller where required.
- Overseeing the timely collection of service charges and associated credit control with appropriate support from the finance & legal teams where necessary.
- Maintaining effective contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment, which will result in the timely collection of payments & debts.
- Proactively resolving queries both internally and externally with regard to outstanding invoices and applications.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments.
- Processing Applications for payment and monitoring future payments.
- Providing the required supporting information for Credit Referrals.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all cases and ensuring all written processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To contribute as an individual within a structured finance team and be able to manage priorities and deliver team objectives.
Additional Salary Info: Annual Bonus; Pension; Other Company Benefits
Finance | Credit Control | Invoicing | Debtor | Management | Account Management
- Educated at least to A level (or equivalent) is essential to this role.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external contacts at all levels, sharing complex information clearly and concisely, adapting communication style based upon the level of seniority and/or understanding of the audience.
- Able to be a credible representative of the company with in-depth knowledge of business processes.
- Ability to effectively influence direct team members and colleagues within other departments as necessary to deliver objectives within agreed timescales.
- Ability to deal with difficult and demanding stakeholders and maintain a calm and positive attitude when working under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and a "right first time" mentality.
- A self-starter who is goal orientated and has a proactive, pragmatic and disciplined approach you should be able to work without constant supervision and direction.
- An excellent team player who is flexible and have empathy with team members whilst maintaining the focus necessary to achieve the required objectives.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Prior experience using Navision would be advantageous.
- Experience working within a Credit Control function, of maintaining a Debtors list and/or the ability to reconcile complex accounts would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a Credit Control function (or similar business customer account management role) in a business to business environment would be an advantage.
- Previous experience and a good knowledge of the postal industry and its regulatory environment advantageous though not essential.
- ICM Qualification or desire to work towards it is desirable.
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.
Apply for Credit Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly