Catering Training Support Leader
3 days left
- Part Time
Catering Training Support Leader
Contract: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm), 47 weeks (term time plus 3 weeks)
Salary: TD14 - £16,806.12 (FTE £18,594)
Site: Various across the trust
Closing date: 25 June 2018
Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
Our core values of Trust; Diversity; Excellence and Transformation underpin all aspects of student and staff life in our academies and gives us a platform to offer innovative and efficient business services.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking to appoint a Catering Training Support Leader to join our Catering team to work across all schools within TDET to support the Catering Operation Manager in identify and delivering training and support to all catering staff. The role will include managing training records for all catering staff within TDET and working with the Catering Operations Manager to develop a training planner and to implement catering software. The successful candidate will also take on a ‘Cook’ role in addition to the training.
- Experience of working in a catering environment.
- Experience of working in a team as well as working independently.
- Good knowledge of food preparation, cooking and helping to serve fresh, healthy food
- Good understanding of the nutritional value of food, stock control and rotation,
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Production or City and guilds 706/1&2 or equivalent.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- Excellent salary package
- Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme
- Fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment
- Opportunity for of progression across Thomas Deacon Academy Education Trust
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking)
- LGPS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
To apply please click on the Vacancies page of Thomas Deacon Education Trust website www.tdet.education where you will be directed to the application page.
Should you have any questions, wish to visit or speak informally about this role please call the TDET HR Team on 01733 426063.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Trust will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.