Data Migration Test Analyst/QA Tester
Test Analyst (SC Cleared) - Data Migration - ??40-45k DOE
Location: Watford, with some travel to client locations mainly in London
Salary: ??40 - ??45k Package (+ flexible working)
Only apply If you have strong testing experience/skills around data migration and can perform SQL related functions. You must be a resident in the UK longer than 5 years and your SC clearance must be active.
A dynamic data migration consultancy based in Watford, Herts is looking for an experienced and proactive Test Analyst to join our team. You will be working on large projects, actively undertaking activities related to test design, data preparation and test execution as well as working collaboratively with developers on unit tests and defect resolution. Our projects use Scalable Agile Framework (SAFe) so knowledge of Behaviour-Driven Development, Test-Driven Development, automated testing etc will be useful and you will have opportunities to develop your own skills and certification.
What are your responsibilities?
As a Test Analyst for this company you will have varied responsibilities. You will be supported in achieving these goals by a test manager and a very capable team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring testing is compliant with client requirements
- Developing test conditions, test scenarios, test scripts plans and other test artefacts
- Identifying test data requirements and preparing test data
- Providing test execution estimates for test cases
- Hands on test execution and defect resolution
- Identifying test cases for regression packs
- Specifying test environment requirements to enable execution of relevant tests
- Contributing to all stages of testing when required eg assisting test manager in test estimation
- Participating in defect review boards and providing assistance to relevant parties to resolve defects
- Ownership and maintenance of allocated work
- Recording test execution results within Zephyr (JIRA)
- Raising and managing defects in their entirety using JIRA
- Reviewing requirement and design documents to identify testable requirements and test scenarios
- Performing environment verification testing.
- Maintenance and monitoring of allocated JIRA tickets
What skills should you have?
To excel in this role you will have:
Experience of ensuring data integrity throughout the data migration life cycle and be specifically comfortable with SQL Server, SQL Developer and ODBC related functions. You will have a solid background writing SQL queries for database analysis, creating advanced SQL statements for manipulation of data and any experience with ETL testing will be highly beneficial. Hands on experience of testing data models, transformations, business rules and databases throughout a data migration life cycle. Evidence of working successfully in an agile environment (ideally SAFe) would be beneficial however traditional testers willing to adapt is acceptable. Experience raising defects and ensuring that appropriate additional testing is performed. ISTQB Foundation is essential and you must be keen to learn and be proactive to work towards advanced level certifications. We are very supportive of personal development and assist in making our team stronger.
We work with different clients who utilise different technologies, therefore you must show the aptitude to pick up technologies quickly.
No agencies please