Quantity Survey & Project Manager
Quantity Survey & Project Managers Role
Cummins & Pope Ltd are a main contractor working on projects ranging from £20K - £1.5million.
We are an experienced and long established specialist refurbishment contractor working exclusively within the licenced trade and have been established for 50 years within this industry.
Working mainly across the South Coast region / M4 Corridor and central London.
We are seeking a qualified Quantity Surveyor with a background and knowledge within the refurbishment industry.
Your roles will include but are not limited to;
- Receiving tender documentation and preparing sub-contractor & supplier enquiry documents. Collating and checking tender returns from sub-contractors.
- Preparing tenders and estimates for reviewing with the directors on time for submission in a competitive tendering process.
- Liaison with clients team to complete any potential value engineering.
- Reviewing and quantifying sub-contractors valuations and payment applications.
- Negotiations with suppliers to provide competitive rates
- Prepare priced schedules of works with current clients and negotiate values.
- Attend site meetings where required
- Attend sites to survey and measure in preparation for tender submissions.
- Preparing a working in house net cost schedule to assist Contract Managers and negotiate Net Cost Schedule with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Good understanding of refurbishment and construction.
- Ideally from a tradesman background but not essential
- Good negotiating skills
- Good communication skills and attitude towards clients
- Understanding of Health & Safety matters.
- Good understanding of IT Skills
- Experience working with a contractor background
- Building / Construction related degree level
- Experience working on refurbishment contracts
Salary & Benefits
- Salary depending on experience & a knowledge - £35,000 - £55,000
- Car Allowance, Phone, 28 days Holiday
- Potential Annual bonus related system
Interviews to be held on Monday 9th July (or before depending on candidate) with a view for immediate start.
Please email CV’s to; email@example.com
or by post Cummins & Pope Ltd, 12 The Spinney, Parklands Business Park, Denmead, Hampshire, PO7 6AR