Home Care Assistant & Companion
We are looking for Home Care Assistants & Companions in the Newcastle, Northumberland and North Tyneside areas. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a family run homecare branch and provide an exceptional quality of services with the aim to improve the quality of life in our local community.
There is no upper age limit for applications and experience is not essential as excellent training is provided throughout. They also accept applications from drivers and non-drivers.
Come and join a provider that goes above and beyond
You could be joining a national brand care service who are proud to be unique in that they adapt their quality service to meet the needs of the people they support, whilst allowing them to stay in their own homes. They are committed to improving the lives and activities of daily living in older people, helping them maintain their independence and enjoying life to the full. They offer exceptional specialist support for those affected by Dementia, creating a safe environment for them whilst keeping them active. They tackle an isolating illness with care, support and companionship. You can be a part of that too.
As their Care Assistant & Companion, you will be rewarded for your dedication. The biggest benefit will be you making a positive impact on a vulnerable person’s life, but this provider will also give you the chance to progress your career. They offer full training, 24/7 support and they will fully fund NVQ qualifications and diplomas, so who knows where this opportunity may take you.
Excited? So, what will the role involve?
You will be matched to older adults in your local community and they will endeavour to match the working route to your local area to make travelling as easy as possible. Your role would include:
· Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
· Assisting with personal care which may include washing and dressing.
· Prompting to take any medications.
· Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
· Preparing meals and light household duties.
· Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours:
· £8.30 - £17.40 per hour;
· Assistance to claim mileage allowance relief;
· Full and part-time hours available;
· Flexible working pattern (all shift patterns required, include mornings, evenings and weekends);
· Employee of the Month – vouchers for the winner;
· £100 Refer a friend scheme;
· Pro-rata holiday pay.
Being a Care Assistant & Companion is a truly rewarding and fulfilling job opportunity where you can make a real difference to an older person’s life in your area. So, to be part of an organisation providing exceptional quality care and support to individuals, just click “apply.”