Lead Front End Engineer is required for a leading Digital Agency based in London. As Lead Front End Engineer, you'll take a lead role in the build and delivery of digital experiences for a variety of clients and solutions across desktop, tablet, mobile and various technologies, that are engaging, insightful, and intelligent.
They are looking for a seasoned Front End Engineer and leader of people, capable of building strong bridges between disciplines, and advocate of best practices. You'll demonstrate proven ability to lead and inspire teams, drive team culture, build client relationships, mentor and coach, and support people's career development goals. Technically, you'll be comfortable with modern production methodologies and build tools, and have proven experience architecting Front End solutions from the ground up and managing through to deployment.
- Experience leading a team within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Expertise with package managers, in particular, NPM
- Knowledge of bundlers, such as Webpack, Browserify or Gulp and their use in building scalable, maintainable applications
- Expertise with component driven architectures such as React and Vue and/or MVC/MVVM approaches such as Angular or Backbone
- Test, build and deployment automation (Travis, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity),
- Expertise of application state management and available tools such as Redux, Mobx or Vuex
- Expertise with CSS grid systems, flex, and other layout techniques
- Experience of TDD and Unit Testing ie Mocha, Chai, Jest
- Solid understanding of browser rendering and debugging
- Expertise in scoping and effort estimation (time, complexity, risk, team size)
- Experience of performance and security with large-scale builds is highly beneficial
This Agency has an enterprise start-up culture aligned to transforming some of the UK's and world's biggest names across retail, financial services, energy, and automotive. They offer an array of benefits.
You must be open for travel for this role. The office base location is however in London.