One to One Care Assistant & Companion
Are you looking for part-time work and do you want to make a difference? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an older person in your local community, as their Care Assistant & Companion. Your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you. We have part-time jobs available in the Leicester, Anstey, Beaumont Leys, Cropston, Groby, Glenfield, Markfield, Newtown Linford, Ratby, Rothley, Braunstone, Blaby, Eyres Monsell, Enderby, Kirby Muxloe, Leicester Forest East, South Wigston areas of West Leicestershire.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for a cuppa and a chat.
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Benefits & Hours
- £9.00 - £9.50 per hour, plus 22p mileage allowance;
- Double time on bank holidays;
- Part-time hours are available between 16-20 hours per week;
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- Ongoing progression opportunities;
- Continuous training and support towards further qualifications including Dementia and Alzheimer’s City & Guilds, as we want to invest in your future;
- Excellent training is provided;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
They will carefully match you to one or two older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Being a reliable companion and someone to chat with;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Assisting with personal care where required.
You do not require experience; however, you will need to have a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity we want to hear from you. Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion to an older adult is a wonderful job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Apply for One to One Care Assistant & Companion
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly