Occupational Health Advisor
3 days left
- Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to join our team based in Sunderland, with travel to two other sites in the Durham and Newcastle area on an adhoc basis. This is a part time role, where the successful applicant will be required to work 4 days (30 hours) per week. We are flexible on the working days, however the successful candidate will be required to work on a Monday.
The successful individual will work as part of a team to deliver an exceptional OH service to our client and help bring success to this contract and the Company.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive team environment.
Main duties will include:
- To provide expert, evidence-based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for OH advice
- Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence based written reports
- Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
- To provide fitness medicals and health surveillance that meet best practice requirements and are in line with our policies and protocols
- To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
- To provide supervision and support other team members where relevant
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues, clinical supervision and continuous learning and development as a registered nurse
- This role will be roughly 80% case management and 20% health and wellbeing promotion and fit for work assessment activities.
Occupational Health Advisor | Occupational Health | OH | OHA | OH Advisor | NMC
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- Full UK driving Licence
- OH Qualified - Diploma/Degree
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent IT skills including all office packages
- Proactive and flexible approach
- Able to work autonomously and part of a team
- Robust and effective case management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Committed to CPD and sharing of knowledge with colleagues
- Excellent knowledge of both employment and Health and Safety legislation
The successful candidate will be required to deliver the full OH remit and should be proficient in the provision of:
- General Medicals
- Drug and Alcohol screening
- Case Management
- Fitness for role assessment
- Skin surveillance
- Driver Medicals
- Night-worker medicals
- Part 3 of the NMC Register
- Experience using medical databases
- Experience working in a corporate setting
- Experience of undertaking the Chest Step Test (training will be provided)
We are one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services. Established in 2002 by a group of occupational health professionals, we have experienced strong, steady growth. We offer a full portfolio of occupational health services, combining them into bespoke programmes that suit your organisation's people and their needs. We also provide innovative medical care training courses that give personnel the skills they need to handle medical emergencies.
The information you submit to us as part of your application for employment will be held and used by us in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018, which incorporates the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and all relevant subsequent legislation. From the point at which we receive your application we will be required to maintain and process data about you for the purposes of reaching and communicating a recruitment decision. If your application is selected for interview you will be sent an Applicant Privacy Notice giving further details on how we will process and maintain any personal information gathered during this stage of the recruitment process.
We will retain the details of unsuccessful applicants for a period 12 months following the completion of the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Apply for Occupational Health Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly