£27,000 - £30,000 + bonus of up to £4000
A global commercial business based on the outskirts of Brentwood is currently looking to recruit a Credit Controller to join its existing team. Reporting into the Credit Manager, your duties will include managing a complex ledger.
- Full responsibility for managing a multicurrency ledger.
- Chasing of outstanding debt by telephone and email and investigating and resolving queries
- Working towards monthly call / cash collection / debt reduction targets
- Investigating and resolving queries
- Contacting customer for remittance or payment details as required
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose actions to avoid indebtedness
- Negotiating and maintaining repayment plans as and when necessary
- Propose write off of irrecoverable receivables
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Preparing and attending weekly debtor meetings
- Attending internal and customer meetings to facilitate query resolution and debt reduction
- Investigation of credit balances, allocation of cash and escalation of old balances.
- Assist in preparation of accounts for external debt collection
- Consistent review of 180day debts and taking necessary actions to ensure bad debt provision requirement is kept to a minimum.
- Regular review of credit management report and taking necessary actions to correct overdues in line with agreed credit limits.
- Weekly analysis of Top 20 accounts
- Regular and accurate input into cash-flow reporting.
- Conducting monthly aged debt meeting with relevant departments to discuss and agree plan for query resolution on specific items
- Credit control experience preferably in a large complex business environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with customers
- Strong work ethic, passionate about credit control and happy to work to targets
- Some exposure to managing a team, reporting, projects and process improvement
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Advanced excel and ERP exposure
- Good written and oral communication skills
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Sarah Chandler at CWC Recruitment Ltd
CWC is a specialist recruitment consultancy dedicated to recruiting credit professionals. We have over 30 years of credit control and credit management recruitment experience. We are true experts within our field.