Do you have proven experience of collections, credit control or working to reduce debtor ledger balances in a B2B environment?
Do you have excellent attention to detail and get a buzz from engaging effectively with customers over the phone or by email?
Then we want to hear from you?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team in our business based in Marlow. This role is a permanent position for an experienced Credit Controller who is looking for an end to end Credit Control role.
Working alongside the Senior Credit Controller and team you will play a key role in reducing the Debtor Ledger balances through the effective management of relationships and communications with our customers. In addition to dealing with customer queries and payments you will be responsible for the production and sending of statements, ad-hoc sales ledger duties and working closely with internal and external stakeholder to manage debt.
We are not a typical finance department. For starters we are not dull or boring, we are forward thinking and innovative. We take pride in delivering and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer, as well as keeping a close eye on the Whistl purse strings because our core fundamental belief is that every successful business needs strong financial management that enables them to make good business decisions. And that is what we do best.
- Take an active role in reducing Debt, improve cash flow and offer an exemplary level of customer service through the ownership and professional handling of all customer service enquiries, escalating to the Senior Credit Controller where required.
- Oversee the timely collection of service charges and associated credit control with appropriate support from the finance & legal teams where necessary.
- Maintain effective contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment, which will result in the timely collection of payments & debts.
- Proactively resolve queries both internally and externally with regard to outstanding invoices and applications.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments. Processing applications for payment and monitoring future payments.
- Provide the required supporting information for Credit Referrals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all cases and ensure written processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Credit Control | Finance | Transactional Finance | Marlow | Debtors List
- Proven experience working within a Credit Control function is imperative to this role, preferably in a business to business environment. Typically we would estimate that it would take a minimum of 2 years' experience in a Credit Control function (or similar) to acquire the skills required for this role.
- Prior experience of maintaining a Debtors List, with the ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to individuals, adapting communication style based upon the level of seniority and/or understanding of the audience
- Able to be a credible representative of the company with the in-depth knowledge of business processes. Possess strong communication and influencing skills both written and spoken.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach and the ability to show initiative working without constant supervision or direction.
- Flexibility and adaptable, with the skills to carry out a range of software tasks are required.
- Ability to motivate both direct team members and individuals within other departments as necessary to deliver objectives within agreed timescales.
- Ability to deal with difficult and demanding stakeholders and maintain a calm and positive attitude when working under pressure.
- An excellent team player who is flexible and will show empathy with team members whilst maintaining the focus necessary to achieve the required objectives
- Prior experience using Navision would be advantageous.
- Previous experience and a good knowledge of the postal industry and its regulatory environment would be advantageous though not essential
- Educated to A level (or equivalent) is essential to this role
- ICM Qualification or working towards it is desirable
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.
At the heart of everything we do is our customers and we pride ourselves on delivering innovative solutions and outstanding customer service in a dynamic industry.
At Whistl, we always try to find a way. We never say no if there's a chance of yes, and we believe challenges are there to be overcome. We think - and act - positive. And we always do the right thing. For our people, that means working as part of a team, supporting colleagues, respecting them and sharing knowledge.