6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Healthy Homes Technician
Reporting To: Healthy Homes Manager
Direct Reports: None
Salary: NJC Scale 4 £18,870 - £20,541 (dependent upon experience)
12 Month Temp Contract
Closing Date: Applications to be received by 4pm on Thursday 2nd August 2018 – Interviews scheduled for Tuesday 14th August 2018
Hours: 37 hours per week. Usually Mon – Thurs 08.30 – 16.30 and Fri 08.30 – 16.00.
Purpose of Role:
To deliver a customer-focused Handyperson and Minor Adaptation service to older, disabled and vulnerable people to help them stay safe, secure, warm and independent in their own homes.
Services are delivered across Preston, Chorley, South Ribble and West Lancashire. Access to a company vehicle will be provided.
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Carry out installations of equipment/repairs/adaptations identified following the Healthy Homes Assessments to improve the safety, security and energy efficiency of the homes of vulnerable householders.
• Deliver a wide range of ‘DIY’-type tasks in the homes of older, disabled and vulnerable people.
• Carry out Healthy Home Assessments in the homes of older and vulnerable householders to identify improvements with regard to safety, home security, accident/falls prevention, fire safety and energy efficiency.
• Deliver all work and services to a high standard - ensuring the satisfaction of the client.
• Listen to clients and take time to understand any concerns or consider any special needs they may have i.e. visual or hearing impairment.
• Conduct appropriate risk assessments in relation to all activities and services delivered in clients’ homes.
• Respect our clients’ homes. Remove all waste and debris, leaving the work site clean, tidy and safe.
• Prioritise and organise a workload of client visits in accordance with priorities determined by the Healthy Homes Manager and/or the Agency Director.
• Maintain appropriate records of work carried out and advice given in line with relevant policies and procedures.
• Provide relevant advice/signposting to householders with regard to other appropriate services provided by the Preston Care & Repair and/or partner agencies.
• Communicate effectively with team members across all areas of the Agency to ensure an effective, integrated approach to our service delivery.
Policies & Procedures:
• Report any accidents, i.e. personal injury or damage to a client’s property; and report any incident that could have resulted in injury, loss or damage.
• Report any safeguarding concerns as per the Agency’s Safeguarding policy.
• Drive the company vehicle(s) safely and responsibly, following policies and procedures set out in the Driver’s Manual.
• Adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act in respect of client confidentiality and disclosure of data, following information governance polies and procedures.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures set out in the Preston Care & Repair Staff Handbook.
Health & Safety:
In line with the organisation’s Health & Safety Policy you will be expected to:
• Take reasonable care of your own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
• Cooperate with the organisation and its employees in order to comply with healthy and safety law; and our internal health and safety policies and procedures.
• Not misuse or interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, anything provided in the interests of safety.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to the vision and values of the organisation
• Attend training courses and participate as a member of the wider Preston Care & Repair team, including attending team meetings as required.
• Help to promote the services of Preston Care & Repair in the local communities in which we operate.
• Any other duties that are reasonably requested within to scope of the job role.
Healthy Homes Technician
Skills/knowledge/ abilities • Full UK Driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
• Knowledge and experience of joinery and property maintenance techniques.
• Proven DIY skills and experience.
• Experience of working with power tools
• Knowledge and experience of basic plumbing techniques.
• Ability to follow Health and Safety procedures in the work place
• Ability to manage own time, work independently and flexibly; and take responsibility for own work load.
• Ability to perform physical duties – such as lifting.
• Excellent listening and communication skills.
• Caring and compassionate approach to customer service.
Skills/knowledge/ abilities • Previous experience as a handyperson (or similar); or of delivering minor adaptations in the home.
• A relevant qualification in joinery or a related trade.
• Trusted Assessor qualification.
• Experience of working with older, disabled or vulnerable people.
• Knowledge and experience of how to address risk factors in relation to keeping people safe, warm and secure in their own homes.
• Knowledge of Risk Assessments in the workplace.
Apply for Handyperson
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly