Regulation Analyst - Cheshire
Becoming a Regulation Analyst with DCC Smart Metering:
Location - Preston Brook, Cheshire
Fixed Term Contract 12 month
Competitive Salary and benefits
The successful candidate will be part of DCC's Regulation Team which ensures that DCC delivers in accordance with the regulatory requirements under its Licence, and the Smart Energy Code (SEC), an industry code to which all energy suppliers and network operators are a Party. The team works closely with DCC customers, Ofgem, the SEC Panel and Government.
What you will do:
- Work with the Regulation Managers to progress and lead on regulatory issues (where required) relating to the Switching Programme, working closely with Ofgem and DCC's Programme Team;
- Work with cross functional teams within DCC comprising a range of specialists (technical and business analysts, commercial and procurement managers, delivery leads), as well as regulation team colleagues; and
- Confidently engaging with programme stakeholders, including externally with Ofgem.
- Support the SEC Modification process and the DCC change process;
- Respond to formal and informal regulatory information requests;
- Co-ordinate and draft consultation responses;
- Consider the consequences of Government (and other) consultation decisions for DCC;
- Support drafting of DCC consultations and manage responses;
- Work with teams across DCC in resolving ad hoc regulatory queries and issues.
Your experience will include:
- Knowledge of regulatory design and/or drafting;
- An understanding of business analysis in client-side programmes;
- Self-starter, able to identify appropriate solutions, meet tight-deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor complex messages for different audiences;
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams; and
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player.
- Experience of working in the energy, government or telecommunications sectors;
- Ability to understand the relationship between policy, regulation and complex technical, financial and programme implications
- Proven track record of applying analytical tools and methods;
- Analytical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to produce high-quality, concise written documentation;
- An eye for detail, ability to review/quality assure documentation and provide constructive feedback; and
- Communicate complex concepts and ideas through visual models.
About DCC Smart Metering
At DCC Smart Metering we've built the data and communications infrastructure that will support the mass roll out of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small businesses across the country. The world's most ambitious smart meter roll out will see over 53 million smart meters installed across the UK by 2020. Join us and you'll be part of a team that is supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future.
DCC Smart Metering are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 25 day's holiday (rising to 27), a discretionary annual bonus, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact (see below) for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.