Job Title: Hourly Paid Lecturer in Maths
Reports to: Assistant Head of Maths
Hours: 0-25 hours per week
Salary: ??22.65 - ??24.71 per hour
To teach Maths within Colchester Institute and contribute to the related cross college quality assurance systems.
- To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual learners, courses and the curriculum, keeping attendance records, managing assessments and maintaining student discipline.
- To provide accurate and timely assessment and feedback to learners, and maintain assessment records, in line with College policy.
- To contribute to the development of the curriculum and including creating specialist learning and teaching resources and sharing good practice.
- Record and monitor learner progress through individual learning plans and effective course management.
- To participate in the cross college quality assurance processes.
- To actively promote the College's programmes, attend open evenings, applicant's evenings, careers events, school visits and similar marketing and publicity activities.
- To maintain and extend links with external organisations as appropriate.
- To participate in the College's appraisal scheme.
- To actively promote equality and diversity.
- To develop and update personal professional expertise in the relevant subject areas.
- To apply the College's Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policy.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Colchester Institute.