initial 3 month contract
We are currently working alongside a leading generator of electricity to recruit two Solution Architects to their Selby site.
The Solution Architect is responsible for the development of end to end Solution Architecture and Design to help form, articulate and execute technology strategies at a Group and Company level.
- Define and develop the underlying technical architecture for business processes.
- Ensure alignment with strategic direction and recognized industry best practices.
- Ensure that the technology roadmap remains consistent with business strategy and relevant trending technology.
- Ensures that technology solutions meet business objectives, scenarios and end to end process requirements.
- Ensures that technology solutions meet non-functional requirements for performance, scalability, security, maintainability.
- Leads the technical delivery team to design, estimate, implement, test, and support the product to deliver measurable performance improved solutions.
- Provides competence and skills to secure successful engagement with the customer from solutions and delivery perspective.
- Regularly interacts with the business to assess satisfaction and identify follow-up education opportunities.
- Leads the development of viable business cases and value propositions, ensuring the solution(s) meet both near term and long-term business and IT objectives.
- Strong technical experience across a range of technologies and platforms.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capability.
- Demonstrates strong business minded consultative approach with focus on profitability, margin & risk.
- Experience in implementing cloud infrastructure and platforms services (Azure preferred)
- Strong experience in best practise IT architectures, frameworks, processes & notation including principles of SOA and micro services.
- Understanding of data integration, ETL, data warehouse and BI technologies including - SSIS, SSAS and SQL Server.
- Experience of working with in-house, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams.
- 10 years+ of experience in IT disciplines, with at least 5 years in Architecture
- Architecture certification (TOGAF).
- Experience of EA modelling tools (preferred Sparx EA).
- Experience of delivering end-to-end designs of large projects, and technically leading the development and delivery teams in getting the design through to production
- BizTalk experience
Apply online for further information