A global leader in speciality chemicals, Croda is the name behind some of the world’s biggest brands providing practical, environmentally minded solutions to the problems of everyday life. In 34 countries, our 4,200 employees work to improve a diverse range of markets - from personal and health care, to home care and plastics.
As a global leader in speciality chemicals, we continue to succeed and strengthen our delivery of innovative and sustainable solutions to the industry. We are passionate and excited about how we can develop and utilise new technologies to shape and inspire changes within an ever growing market place. Our IT team play an essential role in ensuring our technology is kept up to date and available to ensure our business can operate effectively and innovatively.
We have a newly created role for a Site IT Technician based at our Ditton site in Widnes. The main purpose of this role is to act as the first point of contact for IT users, and to support all PCs, servers, software, telecoms and the network of the manufacturing site. Occasional travel will be required to other UK sites.
As a business, it’s really important to us that we find the best person for the job and that you have the best opportunity to succeed in the role. To help, we have outlined our expectations for the role and what core skills and experiences we require as well as what would make you an ideal fit. In turn, we hope this helps you evaluate if this is the right job for you.
- Working closely with the business, you should possess excellent communication skills
- You will be able to work well as part of a team as well as being capable of working autonomously when required
- You should be capable of working under pressure and be flexible in your approach to work
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- You will be a proactive problem solver; capable of developing solutions to resolve user problems
- You will hold an IT qualification or have experience in supporting computers in a corporate environment
- Previous manufacturing/labs systems experience would be advantageous
The successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package including: defined benefit pension scheme with death in service benefit, 25 days paid holiday allowance (plus bank holidays)and access to share plans.
To apply for this position please visit www.croda.com/careers
Closing Date: 29 July 2018