Our forward-thinking engineering client is looking for a sole technical author to join their friendly engineering team. You'll be responsible for producing a range of documentation for the company's innovative intelligent lighting solutions, including user guides, installation guides, datasheets, and marketing literature. This is a fantastic opportunity to make the role your own, as they'd like new ideas on documentation concepts and layout, different authoring tools, and ways to improve the user experience.
You will have:
- At least three years' experience as a technical author, with some of this in a hardware environment.
- New ideas on how to update and improve the documentation and to achieve the best user experience.
- The motivation to work autonomously to get the information you need from engineers.
- Experience working with technical experts in a variety of fields, teams, and business levels.
- Experience working with translation agencies.
- The ability to manipulate diagrams and illustrations (preferably using Adobe Creative/Technical Communication Suite or CorelDRAW).
Their modern office has parking available onsite and a free shuttle bus is provided from the nearest mainline train station.