Regional Welfare Officer
Regional Welfare Officer – East Central
Base: Home based (Covering the counties of Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire)
Line: Manager Welfare Manager - South
Hours: 28 hours per week (flexible)
Provide support to R.A.B.I’s new referrals and beneficiaries, in the counties of Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, to ensure they receive relevant help, grants and benefits.
1. Visit applicants within established timeframes after being notified by Head Office.
2. Complete application forms, check benefits and other proof of income/ capital/ savings and investments.
3. Ensure all state benefits are applied for, giving assistance where needed including mandatory reconsiderations, appeals and complaints.
4. Ensure completed R.A.B.I application forms and accompanying detailed reports are sent to Head Office within established timeframes.
5. Liaise with other agencies (e.g. DWP, Social Services, NHS, other charities and voluntary organisations) where necessary.
6. Research and keep up-to-date details of other agencies, especially those that are particular to the region that may be able to provide a service to those in need.
7. Visit existing beneficiaries approximately once per year and send reports to Head Office.
8. Carry out detailed annual reviews of finances and circumstances of all beneficiaries and submit to Head Office within established timeframes.
9. Attend team meetings usually in Oxford and on average, three times a year.
10. Attend training courses as required.
11. To actively promote the Charity through a variety of means including awareness raising of service.
12. Work flexibly to meet the changing demands of the charity.
1. Good knowledge of state benefits and local authority care services is essential.
2. A caring nature.
3. Good listening skills.
4. A “can do” attitude.
5. Good communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Good problem solving skills.
7. Good time management.
8. Good report-writing skills.
9. Attention to detail.
11. Adept at using the Microsoft Office Suite and the internet.
12. Good organisational skills and the ability to set priorities and be flexible according to the needs of the people we help.
13. Happy to work alone with support from the head office welfare team.
14. Able to manage occasional overnight stays.
15. Successful DBS check.
1. Car owner, with business use insurance cover, is essential, with mileage allowance being paid and a car allowance of £865 per annum.
2. Mobile phone and land line provided for making calls on behalf of RABI.
3. Laptop, iPad and printer will be provided.
4. Salary of £21,874 for 28 hours per week.
20 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata).
Employee assistance programme.
Personal accident insurance.
Please send your CV and covering e-mail or letter to HR@rabi.org.uk before noon on Thursday 30th August.
Interviews will be held in Oxford on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th September
Apply for Regional Welfare Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly