Housing Assistant (Part Time)
Housing Assistant (Part Time)
Salary: £12,300 per annum
21 hours/week - working pattern negotiable
Leighton Buzzard & Ampthill
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Housing team in the Bedfordshire area. This role is perfect for anyone who has a passion for compliance and excellent standards.
What you’ll be doing
The role involves providing an outstanding front line housing management service across the retirement housing schemes. You’ll provide an outstanding customer service which will include liaising with contractors and suppliers, and you will ensure regular inspections of the schemes to maintain excellent standards. You will support residents and liaise with care providers.
- Supporting the Service Delivery Manager in the smooth running of the estates
- Maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working with contractors around repairs and ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements
- Signposting residents to access appropriate services and support
Who we need
We are looking for people who share our values, and believe in our mission and vision. This role will be multifaceted and we need individuals with a 'can do' attitude. The role will be fast paced and you will need to have a flexible and resilient approach.
Key experience and skills required
- Working knowledge of housing management
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety legislation
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to engage with multiple stakeholders
- Ability and experience of managing conflicting and multiple priorities
- High level of flexibility and ability to travel
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by our award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies, including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- O2 and Microsoft Office discounts for staff
- A commitment to growing you through training, professional qualification support and individual development plans
About the role
- Hours: 21 hours per week - working pattern negotiable
- Location: You will cover 3 locations in the Bedfordshire area and will be required to travel between the 3 sites regularly. The locations are St Georges Court and Hanover Court, Leighton Buzzard and Lavender Court, Ampthill
- For more information, to view a full job description and to apply, please click on the Apply button.
- Closing date: 23rd August 2018
- Interview date: 5th September 2018
- Interview Location: Lavender Court, Ampthill
- Ref. OPSE/HA
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).