Transport Administrator – P&O Ferrymasters are part of P&O Ferries – owned by Dubai World – and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions. We currently operate from more than 20 strategic locations in 13 countries, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus are looking for a Transport Administrator in Rotherham
As an Transport Administrator you will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team based within the Meet and Greet Function within the Rotherham site. The role will consist of a working shift pattern covering the hours of 6am - 8pm. Reporting to a locally based Supervisor who is managing the transport contract with our customer you will create a welcoming experience for all visiting LGV drivers and liaise with the customer to ensure transport and despatch functions are aligned.
Other key functions Include:
- Ensuring all drivers collecting for Mainland Europe receive an appropriate site-specific induction
- Delivering consistent information to collecting drivers about the cargo they will be loading and securing
- Supporting compliance with UK and European H&S Legislation
- Managing drivers arriving to drop and pick up trailers
- Coordinating the shunt plan with Shunt service provider
- Managing trailer condition before trailers are dropped
- Assisting Safety Inspectors where required
- Ad hoc projects
Ideal Candidate will:
- Have significant experience of operating within a similar environment
- Possess excellent organisational skills
- Possess good communication skills; a foreign language would be beneficial but is not essential for the right candidate
- Be PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Have H&S knowledge and awareness
- Be able to work outdoors when required
A competitive salary is on offer to the right candidate. This is a Full time position working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday on a shift pattern, covering the hours of 6am - 8pm.
On your first morning before you get down to work… we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a coffee which will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: Administration clerk, Administrator, Reception, Transport, H&S
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.