9 months initial contract
The role is a critical part of the Accounting Centre of Excellence in Europe reporting into the Legacy Accounting CoE Leader. The Payroll Overtime Administrator will be responsible for ensuring that employees are paid the correct overtime each month in line with internal regulations for 2 of the UK's biggest manufacturing sites.
- First line support for all payroll related queries for multiple sites
- Intermediary between employees/managers and technical support for T&A system issues
- Administration of T&A systems. Maintenance, data editing, system lock downs
- Maintaining all associated backup and audit trails for alterations.
- Collation of manual and ad-hoc payment requests
- Validation and processing of exceptional event overtime authorised by HR
- Maintenance of database of shift workers & calculation of shift premium
- Calculation of travel subsidies and uplifts for remote workers.
- Holiday taken reporting for holiday pay calculation.
- Validation and processing of data sets of T&A information for preparation of payroll overtime, shift, and allowances upload files.
- Interpretation and application of local company rules for claims and resulting data adjustments.
- Final validation and conversion of files into acceptable format for upload.
- Uploading and reconciliation of files to payroll portal, resolving and resubmitting rejected entries, liaising with HR and payroll to determine and resolve issues with uploads.
- Reconciliation of pay files to submitted files, determining and resolving unpaid/rejected items for future payment.
- Reporting as required
- Minimum of 9 GCSE's with C or above in Maths & English (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a finance department
- Experience of Payroll administration
- Intermediate to strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Capable of forging strong relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues and work effectively with others
- Organized with ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines
- Proven record working within a manufacturing and/or engineering environment
- Proven analytical skills
- Able to fluently speak and write in English language
- Flexible work style and ability to work under pressure. Can work to tight deadlines and adapt your working patterns
- Positive "can-do" approach