Headteacher L 15 – L 21
Windhill Primary is a forward-thinking, fully inclusive school, whose unwavering determination ensures that we are constantly striving for educational excellence. It is a popular and successful school with happy and engaged children, a dedicated staff team, supportive parent/carers and a committed governing body.
Required from April 2019
Due to the retirement of the current Headteacher, the Governing Body, pupils and staff are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational leader to be our new Headteacher. Following a successful Ofsted and a Good outcome, we move onto the next stage of the schools development and are looking for someone with the drive, energy and ambition to move the school forward and build on our successes. We would like someone who has high expectations and is dedicated to raising standards in all aspects of school life. You will create a shared vision which identifies areas for improvement and empowers parents, staff and pupils to achieve this.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will:
- develop a clear set of aims for the future providing stability and direction; has an inspirational and inclusive leadership style which will empower and motivate others to reach their full potential; has strong leadership skills to respond positively to challenge and change; is an excellent practitioner who has a proven track record of high expectations in raising standards;
- is committed to our inclusive approach which celebrates cultural, religious, ethnic and linguistic diversity;
- has excellent inter personal and communication skills; has very high expectations of behaviour and is passionate about children’s learning; will be able to further develop our collaborative approach and is able to lead and manage a large team of teaching and support staff; is able to maintain and strengthen our current links with parents and the wider community
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to lead our lively, friendly and hard-working team of staff; the support of our dedicated team of staff and governors and work with them in implementing a vision of excellence; the opportunity to work in a very positive and caring school ethos; the opportunity to develop our commitment to distributed leadership and management; established working relationships with parents and the local community;
- the opportunity to work in partnership with other Headteachers within the Mexborough Pyramid
- the opportunity to actively engage in your continued professional development.
Windhill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful applicant will depend upon receipt of an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
Further details and an application pack can be found on our website www.windhillprimary.co.uk or by telephoning school office on 01709 586949. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com.
Pre application visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01709 586949
Closing date: Monday, 10th December 2018 at 4.00 p.m.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage.