Technical Author - Naval Ships
Key Technical Skills:
- Will ensure that all safety issues, applicable to the task(s) under their control covered by Technical Publications MMS and Spares support deliverables and services, are properly evaluated and addressed in accordance with BAE Systems Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) policy.
- Will have a good overall knowledge in a defined engineering mechanical or electrical discipline to enable effective interpretation of Drawings, Original Manufacturers (OEM) handbooks or other technical source documentation to achieve extraction of information for assembly into written maintenance procedures.
- Will be competent and confident in using software packages such as MS Office and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Will be conversant with, or have the ability to use and populate a Logistics Support Analysis Record.
- Will understand or have the ability to use and populate Computerised Maintenance Systems (CMMS) as required.
- Will assist in the compilation and review of user guides, procedures, policies and processes as detailed on the Business Management System (BMS) as directed.
Key Leadership/People Mgmt Skills:
- Ability to liaise and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills.
- Good Communication skills enabling technical discussions with customers, colleagues and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and suppliers.
- Ability to drive and deliver results.
- Strong commitment and self-motivation.
- Display personal planning and organisational abilities.
- Ability to challenge others effectively
Key Mental/Analytical Skills and Challenges
- Excellent practical problem solving skills (PPS)
- Logical, analytical approach to pragmatic and effective problem resolution.
- Ability to seek alternatives/innovative solutions to resolve issues.
- Ensure the development of a design for support solution that meets platform requirement, can add value to the Engineering discipline and is endorsed by the design community.
- Familiarity with the design and development of naval ships.
- To ensure safety issues relating to products and services are properly evaluated and addressed.
Desirable ONC/HNC or have reasonable technical or professional experience.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.