Our Banking client is looking for a highly skilled Java Developer to join their Jersey based team for a 6 months initial contract.
Candidate must have banking experience as well as
Purpose of Role
We're looking for a principal Java Developer to join a dynamic team within the Bank. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a key strategic Programme, developing a market-leading digital proposition
You will be working with innovative technology, responsive customer focused design, managed and delivered via Agile and Scrum techniques. You will need to live the Scrum values and also be prepared to roll your sleeves up and go to where the work is to help clear any sprint bottlenecks, eg with analysis or testing.
The Banks digital platforms are providing an enriched proposition via services such as Money Market Deposits, FX Trading, Cash Management and International Banking services. The platforms are business critical, providing self-service capability for Personal and Corporate customers.
Knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience of Java development.
- Experience of developing JSON Microservices in Java
- Substantial experience of automated unit testing using Junit
- Substantial experience of documenting code to a high standard
- Substantial experience of working with Maven for producing builds
- Substantial experience of using the Spring framework including boot and object relational mapping functionality
- Substantial experience of using GIT for source control
- Substantial experience of using the Eclipse IDE
- Experience of working on Agile delivery (highly desirable)
- Experience of working in the finance industry would be an advantage
- Experience of Jira would be an advantage.
If interested, please submit your CV
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age