SQL Analyst/Analytics Consultant/Power BI - SQL/SSIS/POWER BI - BIRMIN
SQL Analyst/Analytics Consultant/Power BI
Up to ??45,000 PA (Dependent on experience)
It is desirable that Analytics Consultants should have experience of the some of the following tools
- Microsoft Power BI
- Extracting/querying data from Data Warehouses/Data Marts
- SQL and PSQL
- Statistical techniques
- Predictive analytics (techniques and solutions such as Azure Machine Learning)
Expectations, responsibilities and description of the role
This Job Description provides an overview of the role of Analytics Consultant.
For clarity, all Analytics Consultants will be expected to attend client site up to five days per week, regardless of location, from Monday to Friday. Some flexible working will be possible however this will be considered on a project-by-project basis, to meet the needs of each client.
The Analytics Consultant will report to the Analytics Director but managed daily by the Lead Public Sector Analytics Consultant for each project.
Analytics Consultant overview
Analytics Consultants must have strong analytical skills, which will be used to design and deliver data solutions on behalf of our clients, with the intention of improving services and outcomes as defined by each organisation's Strategic and Operational goals.
As a well-organised self-starter, you will have an eye for detail and an inquisitive nature. You will have excellent communication skills as you will be working with a range of stakeholders across multiple clients to identify key business questions and find innovative ways to draw insights, from a wide and varied number of data sources.
You will be confident handling large data sets, analysing for insights and being able to translate the findings into data models and visualisations using Microsoft Power BI.
The role of an Analytics Consultant with my client requires a hardworking and dedicated individual who aspires to continually grow and develop their skills.
Responsibilities, competencies, expertise and knowledge
- Supporting the Lead Public Sector Consultant to gather analytics requirements with business users
- Work alongside the Lead Public Sector Consultant to help scope and define reporting outputs, aligned to clients Information Strategic Methodology
- Continually engaging with end users to ensure outputs are answering key business questions
- Appropriately handover outputs to client BI teams/individuals, including ongoing advice and guidance, and the delivery of technical training sessions where appropriate
- Requirements gathering and development of analytics following client's guidelines and processes
Specialist analytical requirements
- Identifying data requirements to support analysis, including internal and external data sources
- Data analysis using a range of methods, applying statistical techniques and tools where relevant
- Designing the visual presentation of reports, aligned with the business needs and clients Information Strategy Methodology
- Conducting development testing and end-user acceptance testing
- Estimating delivery timescales and providing progress updates client colleagues when requested
- End-to-end development of reports and dashboards in Power BI, following the clients BI Release Process
- Ensuring required data is captured and held as appropriate to ensure report development, using a range of tools across the client Business Analytics Platform (iBAP)
- Datamodelling in Power BI, with advanced knowledge of query development (M) and DAX
- Publishing, sharing, scheduling refresh and assigning access to reports and dashboards in the Power BI Service
- Keeping up to date with the latest technological developments, continually developing skills and sharing best practice amongst the Business Intelligence Consultant team
- Following client development guidelines and processes
- Appropriately using client standards templates
- Ensuring all reports are reviewed with the Data Engineering team and follow best practice
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable capability in building effective data models and data visualisations for use by business audiences ie strategic leaders, operational managers and customers
- Experience of working within a delivery team environment to develop analytical insights
- Advanced analytical skills in one or more Datamodelling tools, with initial working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
- Demonstrable experience in managing own learning to swiftly develop then effectively maintain knowledge of Microsoft Power BI and Azure BI tools, including Machine Learning and AI
- Demonstrable experience in managing own learning to swiftly develop then effectively maintain knowledge of Local Government priorities and transformation activities. Also, to keep up to date with the latest analytical techniques to support insight development within Local Government
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with subject matter experts on a 121 basis and ability to effectively communicate with all colleagues in a team
- Experience of effectively organise own workload and deliver on time, within a specified time or to effectively escalate
- Demonstrable methods for checking own work for quality methodically and continuously improve output