Reed Professional Services (RPS) is a Management Consultancy, technology services and outsourcing company specialising in Business, IT, financial services and associated sectors.
We specialise in partnership solutions, people skills and providing stability giving our clients powerful solutions and a focused approach.
We are currently engaged with a Central Government Department, for whom we are delivering a number of vital work packages for a programme on the UK exiting the EU in spring 2019. The project will deliver a respond to emergencies relating to the business areas of the client and arising from leaving the EU. The requirement will be realised by the establishment of an EU Exit Emergency Centre (EUXE). The EUXE will operate on a shift basis and emergency coverage and will operate 24/7.
The policy officer will ensure that any action the EU Exit Emergencies Centre (EUXE Centre) recommends do not contradict wider department policy on the matter at hand. The Policy Officer will take the situation reports and various other forms of validated information and create briefing reports that will be used at various high-level meetings.
The Policy Officer will ensure that that any briefing recommendation is in line with Defra policy, liaising with key policy subject matter experts to ensure that the response to the situation will not affect Defra's long-term commitments and policy stance in the future.
You will be responsible for getting the Minister prepared for the meetings related to the situation at the time. The briefing papers produced in this role are what you would normally expect across the Civil Service, however due to the nature of the EU Exit Emergencies (EUXE) Centre they have to be produced at pace.
- This person must be capable of fast and consistent decision-making and sound judgement. The EUXE manager will be able to advise on complex points however individuals who are publically aware and have experience of having written briefing papers in a current or previous role would be a huge advantage.
- This role is managed by the EUXE manager. It does not have any management responsibilities.
- The Policy Officer must be highly organized with excellent judgement, confident in commissioning action from others in the EUXE and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- The ability to work under pressure in an area of high public and media interest.
- The ability to work under variable or low levels of supervision.
- The ability to quickly assimilate and distil information, identifying and highlighting the critical and pertinent issues.