6 Month initial contract
Rates of up to ??15/hour
The Import/Export Specialist is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Raising of all export documentation for outbound shipments for both OE & Repair Exports
- Raising of all export documentation for outbound shipments for both OE & Repair vendors including raising internal Sales Orders to allow to shipment.
- Liaise with all stakeholders on any logistics activities within CH20.
- Responsible for the import/export country compliance processes
- Work closely with finance and operations teams to develop processes to assure compliance with alt country requirements
- Responsible for implementing processes consistent with local regulations, and will be responsible, operationally. for driving adherence to each process
- Raise Monthly Intrastat Reports for HMRC.
- Responsible for integrating the compliance processes into the process, working closely with portfolio specialists to operationally compliance
- Develop and own operational metrics to assure compliance to all import/export country compliance processes
- Initiate and follow up on all international purchases/sales
- Prepare/maintain reporting of current status and progress of all import/export activity to operational and finance teams.
- Provide guidance and support in the selection of vendors related to imports/exports such as transportation, insurance, storage, customs agents, etc and follow up and control of all activities with those parties
- Handle all traffic and export tasks. including inquiries, quotations, and purchase orders
- Prepare and verify shipping documentation and arrange and monitor transportation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent other qualification or demonstrable experience in an import/export or logistics role)