Technical Sales Consultant, Highways Surveys
About The Role
TRL provide a state-of-the-art range of highway assessment survey and monitoring services to support our clients understand and manage their assets. Our proposition is firmly centred on quality, reducing disruption to road users and reducing programme risk.
We are seeking a dynamic sales professional with a proven background in consultative selling to help us to promote our exciting range of services and further grow the business. You must be able to drive top-line growth through identifying, building and then closing sales opportunities to ensure a consistent, high quality, revenue stream.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Selling services by establishing contact, developing relationships with clients and developing relevant solutions which deliver maximum client benefit.
- Bid management, bid preparation and bid writing
- Liaison with technical teams to establish bid pricing
- Collaboration with the marketing team and other stakeholders to establish and develop coherent sales propositions in your area.
- Ensuring clients have a clear picture of the products and services available to them from TRL
- Keeping records up to date and actively managing an opportunity pipeline in the CRM system
- Producing monthly sales activity reports
- Advising the management team on market changes, trends and competitor positions to contribute to our strategy development
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering against targets. You will be accomplished at building strong, value based client relationships.
- Experience in selling technical services such as surveys, monitoring or material testing
- Strong consultative sales skills with a focus on providing solutions
- Accomplished and effective relationship builder
- Track record in delivering self-generated new business sales against targets
- Awareness of contracting mechanisms such as NEC3
- Ability to coherently present complex solutions
Eligible candidates must be highly proficient and confident with communicating in English at all levels within a business.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and further study
- 25 days annual leave (with option to buy and sell leave)
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package