Personal Trainer/Fitness Trainer - Tooting
The role is directly linked to the self-employed PT function and provides an opportunity to work on a part employed / part self-employed basis.
Fitness Trainers will work 12 hours per week on a rota basis. Outside of these employed core hours and subject to the payment of a rental payment Fitness Trainers operate as self-employed trainers and build their own successful business.
Build trust and confidence in members using The Gym
- Conduct member inductions, to ensure that members can use the facilities in a safe manner
- Provide outstanding service to the members.
- Carry out group exercise classes
- Make a point of remembering names and information that others have shared with you
- Build confidence in others through acknowledgement and praise
Heads Up! communication
- Wear the correct uniform.
- Support with promotional activity
- Communicate enthusiastically, demonstrating interest and passion through words, tone and body language
- Explain instructions and information clearly
- Interact with others and take time to talk
Handling issues and problems
- Proactively spot problems and look for new ways of doing things
- Listen to members concerns and action appropriately
Deliver service through the team
- Be a role-model for the team, strive for and deliver high standards
- Ensure a safe and friendly environment always; comply with all H&S requirements
- Clean and maintain all gym equipment notifying the AGM or GM of any defects
- Ensure that the overall cleanliness within The Gym's premises is of outstanding standards. Re-stack the weights, pick up any litter etc
- Maintain cleanliness of the changing facilities whilst the cleaner is not on site.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- REPS Level 3 required
- Have public liability insurance to a minimum value of ??2 million and hold a current CPR certificate for PT role
- Experience in a customer service environment