Senior Technical Author - APIs, SDKs, technical blogs - up to ??65K p.a
Our fast-moving, fast-growing technology client is looking for a Senior API and Technical Content Writer for their London office. Some remote working is also possible each week.
If you have a background in supporting developers/developer relations/developer advocacy, an affinity for technical writing, lots of creative ideas to help take developer and other technical documentation to the next level, and thrive on trying things you've never done before, then this is the role for you!
You'll be writing a range of developer documentation (API and SDK documentation, engaging technical blog posts, tutorials (incl. videos), developer guides, demos, developer cookbooks, quick start guides, and interactive learning materials); writing and testing code samples in various programming languages; contributing your ideas on how to do things better; and getting involved with product design and the development process.
Based in our client's London office, there is also the opportunity to work remotely each week. On offer is a basic salary circa ??60-65K p.a. (DOE); an extremely generous bonus scheme (80%-150%); share option scheme; pension plan; flexible working hours etc.
- A strong technical background, with work experience in technical writing/training/technical support/informational design and/or eLearning within a developer-oriented environment.
- Huge enthusiasm for, and a background in, supporting developers and understanding what they need.
- Coding experience - you'll be comfortable writing and testing a few lines of code examples.
- Technical writing experience and excellent writing skills, with the ability and enthusiasm to present technical content in creative and interesting ways for technical audiences.
- The ability to collaborate with developers, product managers, customer support, and marketing to obtain the information you need and coordinate on content messaging.
- A confident self-starter who naturally takes ownership, looks for opportunities, and drives results.