INVISTA is the owner of many brands and products that you likely use every day. As part of the INVISTA team, you can join in the development of innovations to improve clothing, carpets, luggage, plastic bottles, automobile interiors, airbags and more. Our portfolio of global trademarks includes LYCRA® fibre, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, ANTRON® carpet fibre and STAINMASTER® carpet. Headquartered in the U.S., INVISTA has a business presence in more than 20 countries and is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers ad fibers, primarily for nylon, elastane and polyester applications.
INVISTA has set the goal of sustaining a world-class level of performance and we are looking for the right candidate with high motivation and ambitious drive to join our Maydown team for this permanent position.
Manufacturing Technician (Ref No 00017)
Operate and manage a wide range of equipment and technology in our manufacturing process.
- 5 GCSEs minimum grade ‘C' (or equivalent), which must include English and Maths.
- Ability to work as part of a production team within a culture of continuous improvement.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and drive to meet production demands.
- Results orientated with ability to use initiative.
- Ability to accept responsibility for safety by following all policies and practices.
- Successful applicants, who must be 18 years of age or over by 28th February 2019, will normally be required to work full rotating 12-hour shift patterns (nights and days) averaging 42 hours per week.
- Have completed a Modern Engineering/Industrial Apprenticeship or HNC in relevant Engineering discipline, or equivalent.
- Previous operating or maintenance experience in a Chemical or Polymer manufacturing facility.
All the above criteria may be further enhanced to shortlist for interview.
Starting salary for Manufacturing Technician is c. £25,961 (inclusive of shift allowance). In addition, the Company offers the opportunity for future advancement to higher paid Tier levels.
Consideration will be given to a higher starting salary for candidates with previous experience in a Chemical or Polymer manufacturing facility.
How to apply
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Grafton Recruitment by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 15th February 2019 at 1.00pm.
The selection process for the vacancy will include a pre-placement medical and reference check.
The Maydown site operates a no smoking policy.