Job Title: Support Worker - Bromley
Salary: £8.71 per hour
Job type: Flexi/ Zero hours
Open Date: Friday 1 February 2019
Closing Date: Sunday 17 February 2019
Interview Date: Monday 25th February 2019
Are you a driver and looking for a change or a new challenge in 2019, then why not apply to work for Outward?
We are looking for drivers to join our support work team, for a Supported Living Service providing people with profound and multiple learning disabilities the opportunity to live in a shared supported living service within Bromley, where they can work towards independent living and outcomes. In your supporting role you will support people with their day to day life, to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence.
If you’re a driver, your driving skills will support people to travel far and wide and explore our surrounding areas. If you hold a full a driver’s license, positive attitude and the following skills and attributes we would love to hear from you.
Skills and attributes:
• Experience in learning disability and/or ASD supported living
• Have the ability to build positive relationships with customers and their families
• Be creative and empowering in your support practise
• Have the resilience for supporting people through bad days as well the good
• Embrace positive behaviour support
• An excellent team player
We offer you:
• Full training
• Competitive hourly rate
• A range of shift/ flexible working hours
• Accrued holiday for each hour worked
• Statutory sick pay
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Death in service life cover
• Pension scheme
Outward is a registered charity and part of The Newlon Group. We are run by a group of committed volunteers - our Board of Trustees. We provide care and support services, mainly across north and east London, to support a range of vulnerable people towards improved choice and greater independence, including; those who have experienced street homelessness.
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our company website
This role requires an Enhanced DBS check that Outward will fund.