Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Reports to: Directors
Liaises with: Site Manager
Location: Office based in north Leeds with regular site visits as required.
Summary of Role:
The role provides an exciting opportunity to carry out a range of commercial and technical duties across the feasibility, acquisition and construction stages of projects working closely with our team of consultants, contractors and other professionals to deliver the highest quality homes to schedule and budget.
Typical projects will include bespoke single homes, conversion schemes and new build medium sized developments all in prime locations in the north Leeds, Harrogate and Wetherby areas.
The ideal candidate will have a rounded background in construction and development and take a practical approach to problem solving. Formal qualifications and membership of a professional body are desirable but candidates qualified through experience will also be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing cost advice on construction related matters within development appraisals.
- Carrying out ‘abnormal’ cost exercises and specialist reports for use by the acquisition team.
- Providing value engineering and buildability advice to the land & sales team pre-contract.
- Carry out all procurement of supply & fit sub contractors, labour only sub contractors, materials and plant required to complete the development.
- Carry out valuations and settlement of all sub contractor and supplier invoices.
- Provide regular reports to the chairman and directors on expenditure and profitability of projects.
- Liaise with clients to agree specification and costs for all bespoke areas of the property and variations to the build contract.
- Manage and liaise with consultants and designers throughout the project to ensure the timely delivery of design information to sub contractors and site management.
- Liaise with building control and warranty provider on all technical matters and ensure sign offs are achieved.
- Liaise with statutory bodies to ensure necessary approvals are granted for matters such as sewer connections, road opening notices, highways works and the like.
- Liaise with customer care administrator to ensure all post handover matters are responded to and dealt with to the satisfaction of the client and company.
- Seeking, vetting and selecting all sub contractors and suppliers.
- Input into construction related health and safety matters in conjunction with the Site Manager and Managing Director.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Strong numerical and IT skills
- First class negotiating skills
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Clear understanding of building regulations and other legal guidelines and good practices
- Excellent knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Able to work well independently but also have excellent team working skills
- Valid UK driving licence
- Monday to Thursday 09.00 – 17.30. Friday 09.00 – 17.00. Overtime may be required at busier times to fulfil work load and to suit the employee.
Package (negotiable, to include…)
- Attractive salary
- Bonus based on company performance
- Company Car
- Loyalty incentives (Negotiable)
Please apply with an introductory letter and current CV or post to:
QS Job, Park Lane Homes, Kingston House, 87 Wike Ridge Lane, Slaid Hill, LEEDS, LS17 8TX