Skea Egg Farms Ltd is a significant player in the agri-food sector supplying eggs to major retailers in Northern Ireland and mainland UK. We are currently offering the following full time permanent position:
To work in partnership with the Agricultural Director to support and drive the overall business strategy of delivering top quality eggs everyday by balancing egg supply and demand and dealing with customer and supplier requests. This role will require the successful individual to have a strong work ethic in order to divide their time between travelling to farms throughout Northern Ireland and working onsite in the office to maintain the effective running of the department whilst managing a team of three Farm Liaison Officers.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with, monitor and advise egg suppliers on hen production and egg quality.
- Manage the farm liaison team; delegate duties and oversee efficient running of the department.
- Internally audit and prepare farms for external audits, e.g. Freedom Foods, BEIC and OF&G to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulation. Shadow external audits where necessary.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. external auditing bodies and vets to ensure the timely execution of external audits and to resolve veterinary issues.
- Conduct various administration duties to include the accurate recording
- of farm certification, e.g. lab results and KPI’S.
- Forward plan and organise bird movement to and from farms.
- Promote ongoing producer training and arrange as required.
- Review bird health and welfare and organise necessary interventions
- within agreed procedures to make improvements where necessary.
- Maintain rapport with egg suppliers to achieve sustainable relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality within each business relationship with egg suppliers.
- Ensure that work within the department progresses to a high standard
- Ensure health and safety standards
- Promote good equal opportunity practice.
- This is a guide to the principle responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties
- A 3rd Level Qualification in Food or Agriculture is essential (Or Equivalent Experience)
- 3+ years managing a team with the ability to plan, organise and lead by example
- Solid understanding of the industry with excellent commercial awareness
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Attractive Salary
- Company Van
- This role may involve some travel to the UK/Europe to meet customers and suppliers
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to the HR Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to 146 Pomeroy Road, Donaghmore, BT70 2TY.
Skea Eggs are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Closing Date: 28 February 2019.
Apply for Agricultural Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly