Night Support Worker
Nurture Childcare Services have an exciting opportunity for a Night Support Worker to join their team based in the Barnacre area. We care for young people aged 10-17 years.
Job Title: Night Support Worker
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience / £8 - £9 per hour.
Hours: 10pm - 8am - Waking Night
Nurture Childcare Services Ltd are recruiting for Wake Night Residential Childcare Officers to join our team at one of our Residential Homes based in the Preston / Garstang Area. You must be at least 22 years old to apply for this posts. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
We work with, for and alongside children and young people in residential settings who need a kind, caring and fun place to live despite the challenges they may bring. You will be responsible for actively safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children/young people in the home. You will also be required to promote structure, boundaries and routines within the home and support the young people with their day to day activities working in line with their Care Plans and Risk Assessments.
For the post it is desirable you have a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare.
* Experience of supporting young people within a caring role environment who display SEBD and CSE, including managing challenging behaviour.
* Experience of paid care work in residential or day care environment.
* Experience of working with young people aged 10 to 18 years of age.
* Full Clean UK Driving Licence.
* Knowledge of Quality Standards and Regulations.
* Knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation.
Abilities and Skills Required -
* Have a kind and caring nature.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Work with local, national and legislative requirements.
* Supervision of children/young people in a group or individual setting.
* Skills in recording and presenting information, to monitor and maintain administrative requirements, ensuring the outcomes meet the standards set out in Children's Homes Regulations and
* Demonstrate good numeracy / literacy / IT skills.
* Ensure effective delivery of all work requirements within agreements and deadlines of partner agencies and the company.
* To be aware of budgetary issues in the home.
* Understanding of all issues around caring for young people in a care environment.
* Understanding client confidentially and data protection protocol.
* Flexibility (working evenings, weekends and public holidays on a rota basis).
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Ability to lone work whilst on shift.
* Access to own vehicle with business insurance.
* Skills in everyday household tasks.
* Ability to encourage young people to learn and do things for themselves.
* Ability to work with young people around promoting personal hygiene and care.
* Ability to help young people to learn basic living skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and finances.
* To promote education and highlight educational needs and gaps.
* Understanding of Equal Opportunities.
* Understanding of Health and Safety Issues in the home and young people.
* A good understanding of Safeguarding / Child Sexual Exploitation and Current Legislation surrounding this.
* Ability to motivate and enthuse young people and staff team.
* Excellent organisational skills.
This list is not exhaustive of the full job description.
In return you can expect competitive salary, employee benefits, career progression, training and the opportunity to undertake vocational qualifications, in addition to all the help and support necessary from one of our experienced and caring managers.
Nurture Childcare Services Ltd is committed to safer recruitment practice's as an important part of safeguarding and protecting the young people in our care.
Please view our website for any further information or contact us directly.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.00 to £9.00 /hour
Please click 'Apply' and you will be redirected to our website to complette your application