Data Analyst (22.2 hours)
Grade I - Salary £27,549 – £31,899
Closing date – 22 May 2019
Based In Leeds City Centre
Please note: This is a permanent, part-time role (22.2 hours) per week with flexible hours.
We are looking to appoint a Data Analyst to join the Research & Intelligence team.
- Undertake research and analysis to better understand the characteristics and behaviours of citizens of Leeds City Region to support the organisations corporate priorities.
- Work across a range of service areas within the organisation to draw intelligence from all available operational data sets, with a particular focus on better understanding public transport user’s characteristics and travel behaviour, applying statistical techniques to identify key trends and linkages.
- Assist with the development of reporting processes to create regular intelligence products e.g. written reports and data visualisations/ dashboards).
- Identify areas to increase efficiency by setting up and maintaining automated processes.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a discipline with a strong focus on data analysis and presentation or have practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role. You will also:
- Have experience applying techniques used to manage and analyse a wide variety of data.
- Have strong numerical and analytical skills and the ability to produce reports and data visualisations.
- Have experience using statistical techniques.
- Be confident analysing large data sets, including experience of data cleansing, validation and enrichment.
- Have a broad knowledge of and experience of using a wide range of data analysis tools and packages including Excel to an advanced level.
- Have experience of writing reports suitable for a range of audiences.
- Have an understanding statistical/administrative geographies and knowledge of the major sources of openly available small area statistics.
- Have good communication skills and be capable of building relationships with key external and partner contacts.
- Have some experience or understanding of automating data processes.
For more information about the work of West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional person who wants to play a leading role in reshaping our local economy and forging better futures for millions of people.
That’s precisely what is on offer at West Yorkshire Combined Authority where a £1bn devolution deal has put the Leeds City Region at the forefront of the Government’s Northern Powerhouse delivery agenda.
The Combined Authority brings together five districts plus York, the business community via Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership and also takes in the former Passenger Transport Executive (branded Metro. Overall, the Combined Authority covers a population of around 2.5 million people and represents the largest economy outside London.
We offer an excellent benefits package including fully funded regional travel (bus and rail) with the MCard (Zones 1-5). Access to a generous employer-contribution pension scheme and a flexible and encouraging environment that will allow you to achieve your best work/life balance and career goals.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority aims is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build an inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of; age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are committed to enabling working parents to progress their careers and will consider requests for flexible working and job share arrangements.
Please note: Whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, each role has career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases on an annual basis.
To submit your application form online please visit http://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/jobs/ by 22 May 2019
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
Candidate information will be retained by West Yorkshire Combined Authority for 6 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.