Seasonal Sales Assistant
We are looking to build our Retail & Admission team for our best ever summer season at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. Whether you are one of our front line stars on Admissions, based in our incredible gift shops, helping staff our exciting events, greeting visitors in our car park or showcasing your face painting talents, your interaction with our customers must have that extra factor that will make their day.
As a result, we need confident, dedicated individuals to help deliver the best possible experience for our visitors across our customer facing areas. These areas will include working in the shops, working at our ticket entrances, staffing the car park, working at our event activities and helping take photos on experiences.
Position: Seasonal Sales Assistant
Hours: Seasonal - Part Time
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Location: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering - working for wildlife.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all customer facing areas are fully operational and that any issues are raised with the departments management team.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service, dealing efficiently and courteously with any questions or requested information.
- Maintain hygienic storage and effective stock date rotation for all perishable goods. Maximise revenue for the charity by proactively upselling to our visitors and maintaining good stock levels in all outlets through regular stock replenishment.
- Ensure that all business systems and operational procedures are followed.
- Develops and maintains good up to date knowledge of all Zoo promotions and activities whilst actively promoting these and looking for opportunities to up sell the same.
- Takes care in the security and accuracy of all areas of cash handling. If any anomalies are detected ensures that the Team Leaders are informed immediately.
- Play an active part in ensuring that the departments KPI targets are met through the active selling of products through the departments outlets.
- Uses initiative to suggest ways to promote our brand values and conservation messages.
- Follows security procedures to ensure the protection of staff, visitors and ZSL’s assets. Reporting any issues immediately to a line manager.
- Be approachable and courteous to all visitors and team members at all times.
Although experience matters to us we are more focused on getting the right person for the role. As a result, candidate will ideally:
- A positive can-do attitude is essential.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Previous customer service skills.
- Be self-driven and passionate about selling.
- An understanding of appropriate cash-handling procedures.
- Have experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Be a strong team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening/weekend and bank holiday shifts.
- An interest in animal conservation is desirable.
Please note: The WZ Seasonal Sales Assistant role involves regular weekend, bank holiday and some evening work to meet the needs of the business.
What's on Offer:
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Thursday 23rd May 2019.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.