Customer Service Agent
My client in Fareham, Hampshire are responsible for collecting and publishing statistics related to the economy, populations and society at national and local levels. The data Telephone Interviewers collect will be invaluable to many people across the UK.
This contract is for 6 months initially, with a view to extending for 11 months.
The Telephone Operation is a modern Smartworking environment set up to deliver data collection activity. This is a large scale operation with Telephone Interviewers working a variety of shift patterns.
Role responsibilities include:
- Conduct telephone interviews with members of the public, who have been randomly selected and pre-notified.
- Encourage people to actively take part in the survey.
- Ask questions and record the answers on a computer
- Utilise electronic survey information to help you carry out the interviewing role
- Complete a Basic Disclosure criminal records certificate and a 3 year referencing check
Telephone interviewers must be excellent communicators, so you will need to have:
- A pleasant and friendly personality
- A clear speaking voice
- The confidence to converse with a wide selection of people in order to gain respondents interest and co-operation is essential
- The ability to adapt your approach to the different circumstances you will have to encounter
- The ability to persuade reluctant people to agree to be interviewed
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to use a PC, and follow detailed instruction to order to record data accurately.
Previous experience in a customer service type role or call centre is ideal but not essential as full training will be provided. There is no cold calling involved as all the households selected to take part in our surveys receive an introductory letter in advance.
We are able to offer a minimum contract of 20 hours per week with a maximum of 33 hours. Contracted hours will consist of predominantly evening hours but can include a maximum of one day shift per week and should include either 2 or 4 Saturdays in a four-week period in combination.
Shift times currently available are as follows:
- Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 09:00 - 13:00 (4 hrs) or 09:00 - 14:00 (5 hrs)
- Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 16:00 - 21:00 (5hrs) or 17:00 - 21:00 (4hrs)
- Friday 9:00 - 13:00 (4hrs) or 09:00 - 14:00 (5hrs)
- Friday 16:00 to 20:00 (4 hrs)
- Saturday 09:30 to 13.30 (4 hrs)
Training will be provided in the first week of employment., and successful candidates are expected to be available to attend training courses on 29th Apr, 7th and 13th may, 3rd June and 17th June.