Project Manager Officer
Project Manager Officer (Construction)
Salary details: Grade 12 - £36,876 - £38,813
Place of Work: Civic Centre 3, Market Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2TG
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Appointment type: Hours per Week: 37
Closing date: 02/06/19
This is an exciting and challenging time for Kirklees and we want to expand our team to manage and deliver construction related projects, to achieve the Council’s ambitions.
The Council aims to revitalise Huddersfield Town Centre, transform Dewsbury Town Centre and North Kirklees, deliver significant housing growth in line with the new Local Plan and provide the infrastructure required to enable this to happen including new schools, leisure facilities, specialist accommodation and roads.
As an officer in the council’s Capital Development and Delivery team you will be required to provide direction and project management support to the team, working in a supportive manner with colleagues and partners to contribute to the needs of the service. The Capital Development and Delivery team provides construction based project management and quantity surveying services to the Council. The team delivers a wide variety of major projects and programmes involving new build and extension / remodelling schemes relating to schools, leisure centres, offices, depots, blocks of flats, listed buildings etc.
We are looking for individuals with a strong background in the construction industry with excellent communication skills and with a proven track record in delivering and managing projects from inception through to completion.
- Have a construction related qualification to a graduate or professional qualification level, plus post qualification experience in the application of the knowledge for delivery of construction related capital projects and services, or detailed demonstrable and relevant experience in leading and delivering major construction related capital projects, utilising formal Project Management Methodology i.e. Prince2 as an example.
- Have a construction related qualification to a graduate or professional qualification level, plus training and experience in the application of the knowledge for delivery of construction related services.
- Have experience in planning, delivering and evaluating a series of interrelated activities, undertaken to achieve a specific end result within a set time-frame, working to formal project management methodology and use of current IT planning, reporting and monitoring software packages.
- Have a proven track record in delivery of construction related projects, in a complex organisation, managing programme/s and project risks.
- Have knowledge and experience gained from working within a multi-disciplined professional design environment in order to carry out the full range of this post’s duties.
- Have commercial and technical knowledge/expertise.
We need more talented and ambitious people to join our team. If you are this person, we look forward to hearing from you.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.