Logistic Manager - Incoterms, import, export, international shipments, biosecurity
We are looking for a Logistic Manager to join our team of consultants at Experis. Working on-site with one of our clients you will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount.
- Manage processes that determines the best mode of transport and select the best carrier to meet the OTD requirement for shipments.
- Ensure the development and continual improvement of systems and procedures for operating and managing information, processes, physical facilities, and equipment.
- Conduct weekly meeting to identify, prioritise, and aggregate delivery requirements, balance delivery resources with delivery requirements and establish delivery plans.
- Manage out-bound finished product logistics within given budget, through effective planning and distribution process and improvement of OTD delivery to ensure the network & facilities meets service levels standards as agreed with Project, Client and affiliate countries
- Coordinate expediting requirements, troubleshoot and resolve any issue with missing material, shipping problems, miss-labelled material.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with legislation governing the transport of materials both hazardous and non-hazardous by land, sea and air.
- Coordinate logistic activities domestically and internationally, in particular the UK, Australia and Indonesia.
- Manage customer service levels and implement processes and procedures to meet the customer's expectation and reporting of OTD.
- Identify and pursue cost reduction opportunities, through constant review of processes to achieve the lowest operating costs for transport activities.
- Manage and improve organisational capability and team work and creating synergies across all core functions.
- Ability for regular travel both domestic and international, up to 50%.
- Management of delivered Lifted and Lifting Equipment to include Inspection and Re-certification:
- Knowledge of Offshore Certification Standards, to fully understand inspection requirements required to maintain Certification.
- Knowledge of Regional requirements for all Countries Onshore Lifting operations will be conducted to cover:
- Regional Health & Safety requirements to be met regarding Inspection of Lifting equipment ie LOLER for the UK
- Applicable Regional Standards and Certification requirements.
- Knowledge of Conventions impacting Lifted and Lifting Equipment for Offshore, On Vessels and Docks.
- Ensuring the correct Storage, Preservation and Preventative Maintenance of Lifted and Lifting Equipment.
- Rejection criteria for Lifting Equipment by Region.
- Ability to liaise with Engineering to ensure all Lifting requirements have been identified against Logistic requirements, ie all Countries have been identified that equipment will transit during the lifetime of the Project and agreed and the confirmation that the lifting equipment will be compliant for use.
- Knowledge of Biosecurity requirements of each Country goods will enter/transit.
- Knowledge of requirements for the temporary importation of Test equipment into Countries.
- Management of the Storage, Preservation and Preventative Maintenance of products that will sit in Short, Medium or Long-Term Storage before delivery to COMPANY against the Logistics Plan with regards to Biosecurity specifically Australia/Indonesia.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business
- Experience of logistics/freight forwarding project environment
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Manufacturing, SAP Knowledge (DRP/Demand Forecast planning)
- Strong knowledge of Logistics, Distribution, Import & Export regimes and International Trade Compliance
- Strong leadership skills with 3-5 years people management skills
- Strong in HSE and Operational excellence execution
- Good Knowledge of Business process, Management and financial reporting
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Working with overseas agents/third parties
- Awareness of IMDG shipment of materials by sea; ADR by land plus CAA shipment of materials by air.
- Awareness of Australian/Indonesian Biosecurity requirements
- Experience in dealing with inco-terms
- Client facing role, experience in dealing directly with clients, suppliers and other internal Product Groups.
- Must be able to travel on short notice and can support site based roles if deemed necessary.
- Location: Bristol (Aztec West) + 50% travel (domestic and abroad)
- Duration: permanent (consultancy basis)
- 22 days Holiday per annum
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assisted Programme