NPI Process Engineer
An opportunity has arisen within the Engineering department for a Process Engineer, reporting to the NPI Engineering Team Leader. This role will provide a challenging opportunity to gain a breadth of knowledge about the many processes that make up the operations of Engineering at Arconic Engines Exeter.
- To develop, implement and maintain all process engineering activities.
- To reduce process related scrap.
- To technically support production of high-quality castings to customers' requirements
- Achieve cost effected production of components / Processes and qualifications
- Program manage and execute engineering project assignments
- Deliver metallurgical process on single crystal, directionally solidified and Equiaxed product to meet the customer metallurgical requirements
- Responsible for qualification of robust metallurgical sound processes to meet customer specified requirements.
- Review metallurgical related product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Produce customer qualification reports
- Co-ordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering metallurgical issues.
- Review & approve customer specifications in regard to metallurgical requirements.
- Continuous improvement and maintaining metallurgical processes
- Interaction with customers to understand technical requirements and resolve issues
- Programme management of individual parts
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems and root cause analysis
- Cost reduction through process improvements
- +4 years of applicable process Engineering experience and knowledge of Multi-discipline Engineering fundamentals
- Degree/HNC or equivalent in Engineering discipline
- Tooling design and/or CAD experience
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and ABS
- Computer literate (MS Office, MS Project, MRP systems)
- Good statistical understanding (SPC/Process Capability/Gauge R+R)
- Communication and Team working skills
- Meticulous with good attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills