Operations Assistant, Oxford
Salary: £20,000 to £24,000 depending on skills and experience
Working hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Location: Oxford (The Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Road, Oxford, OX4 1JE)
Closing date: 9am on 3rd June 2019
Interview date: week commencing 10th June 2019 in Oxford
The Ethical Property Company
We are changing the way society benefits from property. We are one of the UK’s leading social businesses, managing a variety of workspaces including office, retail, meeting/event spaces as well as studios and educational spaces, that are used by some of the UK’s most influential and creative charities, not-for-profits, voluntary groups and small enterprises.
In our 23 Centres across England, Scotland and Wales, we support approximately 1,000 organisations per year. We are proving that business can have a social impact, care for the environment and be profitable.
Each Centre is managed to a high environmental standard and we encourage the use of public transport and the sharing of resources wherever possible. Tenant contracts are flexible and transparent and we ensure that our processes and procedures are simple and efficient, allowing tenants to focus on their individual objectives.
Your time allocation to tasks will be as follows:
• Tenant Administration – 70%
• Business rates administration – 15%
• Development of NETSUITE (Company CRM database) – 5%
• Central purchasing contracts (e.g. sanitary bins, photocopiers) – 5%
• General duties – 5%
We have ambitious plans for growth, aiming to at least double the size of our portfolio and impact by 2020. In order to achieve this we must ensure that we have the right people to enable us to expand whilst continuing to deliver a high standard of services to our customers.
This is an opportunity for a capable and enthusiastic individual who shares our values to work for one of the UK’s leading social businesses. Based in our Oxford head office, you will directly contribute to the successful operation of the company by providing reliable and efficient support to colleagues and customers in the key area of tenant administration. The role will give you the opportunity to gain an insight into many aspects of our fast-growing and innovative organisation and to see at first-hand how we put our commitment to society and the environment into practice whilst running a financially sound business.
You will share responsibility with the other Operations Assistant, for all tenant-related administration and record-keeping and will be one of the first points of contact for new tenants. You will be line managed by the Operations Manager. You will assist the Operations Manager with organising the quarterly Operational Management Team meetings. You may occasionally be required to travel elsewhere within the UK.
The successful candidate will:
• Be highly organised and efficient, with an ability to prioritise work within tight deadlines, to multi-task and to be flexible
• Have strong analytical skills
• Have a high level of attention to detail and precision, including having the aptitude and patience to sort out detailed problems from time to time
• Be able to act quickly and effectively and use initiative
• Have excellent oral and written communications skills in English, including the ability to communicate with customers on administrative details politely and effectively
• Be numerate and in particular be comfortable producing simple budgets and financial reports in Excel, analysing costs and income, and using percentages and similar intermediate level functions in Excel
• Have a proven ability to be confidential
• Be skilled at using Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
• Have an aptitude for using databases
• Be committed to social and environmental issues
• Be considerate and comfortable working in a large, open-plan office.
Experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
• The social or environmental sector
• Property administration
• Familiarity with legal documentation
• Property law.
• Sales experience
This is a permanent contract with a three-month probationary period. The post is fulltime position working 37.50 hours a week, from Monday and Friday, 9am – 5.30pm, with five weeks’ pro rata holiday entitlement as well as statutory bank holidays.
We offer a company contribution up to 7% to a pension dependent on scheme choice, 2 x salary life assurance, a free company bicycle scheme with bicycle maintenance costs, season ticket loans, as well as other benefits
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the UK in order to apply for this role. We cannot support visas.
To continue your application, please click 'Apply' and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.