Installation Technician (Multi-Skilled) - Gloucestershire
Installation Technician (Multi-Skilled)
??30,451 plus excellent benefits
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit an Installation Technician (Multi-Skilled) to join us within our Defence Systems Technology (DST) sector.
As an Installation Technician you'll be responsible for conducting electrical, data and mechanical installation and maintenance activities at remote sites, as directed by the Installation Team Leader. You'll also assist the Team Leader to ensure that all related documentation is submitted to the Customer for approval prior to undertaking any installation activities, and again on completion of all tasks; including method statements and risk assessments. The role also provides short-term resource for various Service Delivery tasks and Embedded Task Services Form (TSF) activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an organisation recognised for delivering world-class support to our customers both in the UK and Internationally. This role offers an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology within a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need a time-served electrical apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications, and be competent in all aspects of the role in line with national standards and the law. City & Guilds 2377-22 Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is also highly desirable.
We would also like you to have some or all of the following:
* City & Guilds parts 1 and 2 in Electrical Installations.
* City & Guilds 2391/2394/2395 certificate of inspection and testing of electrical installations.
* City & Guilds 2392 level 3 certificate of inspection and testing of electrical installations.
* Working knowledge of electrical installations (Basic record of proven ability in related work).
* Working knowledge of the Code of Practice for the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4th Edition).
* BS7671 (18th Edition) Electrical Wiring Regulations Incorporating latest amendment.
Lastly, you'll need to be able to deploy good communication and influencing skills as you'll work closely with the client and our internal and external stakeholders.
What else do I need to know?
* The role will be primarily based in Tewkesbury, but does require regular travel and sustained deployment at locations both in the UK and overseas.
* This post requires access to the most sensitive intelligence material regularly. Applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo DV and SAO security clearances before taking up this post. Additionally, this material is of particular sensitivity to the UK and its distribution must be restricted to UK nationals. For the purposes of safeguarding national security applicants who do not hold or acquire DV clearance and meet the nationality requirements cannot be offered this post.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.
Closing date: Wednesday 29 May 2019