Finance Coordinator (Part-time)
YHAHSN Position Statement
Our vision is to improve the health and prosperity of our region by unlocking the potential of new ideas.
Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) exist to encourage innovation in health and care and to stimulate growth in life sciences and industry.
Our role is to act as a bridge between healthcare providers, commissioners, academia and industry. We create the bridge that connects these sectors to build a pipeline of solutions from research and product development through to implementation and commercialisation.
The needs of citizens are at the heart of our work. We ensure that new products and services are evaluated and supported by evidence and designed in consultation and collaboration with patients and the public.
What we do breathes life into innovations that improve care, effectiveness and efficiency in the NHS and social care.
We guide clinicians and other frontline staff to work in new ways to make care safer and better for patients.
Our work with the life sciences sector and academic researchers helps focus their efforts on meeting genuine healthcare needs and ensures that their findings are implemented.
When we introduce healthcare organisations to the industry innovators and entrepreneurs who can help them most we generate new business opportunities and the new jobs that come with them.
In the future we will accelerate the spread and adoption of innovations with proven impact and value so that the healthcare system in our region gains the maximum benefits more quickly.
We believe in the power of new ideas to improve lives. Our ambition is to make life better for the people of Yorkshire by improving their health and care and by creating a thriving economy for the benefit of all.
Overall Purpose of Role (Summary)
Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN, providing support to the Finance Manager. Liaise with Programme Managers regarding financial transactions. Ensure excellent internal and external customer service and support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Process purchase invoices, including matching to purchase orders and obtaining sign off according to scheme of delegation.
• Raise purchase orders and monitor outstanding PO’s.
• Set up ad-hoc and month end payments to suppliers for Finance Manager to review and sign off.
• Reconcile supplier statements and liaise with suppliers as required.
• Raise sales invoices and obtain relevant sales orders from customers.
• Closely monitor sales ledger, ensuring receipts are allocated correctly and follow up outstanding debtors.
• Import bank transactions to Xero and regular bank reconciliations.
• Import credit card transactions and liaise with cardholders for sign off of spend.
• Posting monthly payroll and depreciation journals.
• Monitor employee expense claims and set up monthly payments.
• Petty cash monitoring and reconciliation.
• Ensure financial procedures are adhered to.
• Any other support to Finance Manager and associated financial monitoring activities as required.
• As a member of the Corporate Services team, take a role in the organisation’s administration service including answering the phone, dealing with visitors, and general day-to-day office activities as directed by the Corporate Services Manager.
• Ensure all finance activities are GDPR compliant.
• Take a role in activities outside the usual scope of the role e.g. IT champions team, quality assurance processes (the organisation is working towards ISO27001 accreditation)
• You may be required to work irregular hours in accordance with the needs of the role and where possible may be asked to work additional hours to cover holiday leave of other Finance staff
Health and Safety
• Ensure that you remain compliant with health and safety regulations and accepted safe practice at all times. Report any health and safety issues or contraventions witnessed anywhere within the organisation to the CEO.
• Work efficiently and responsibly within all areas of the organisation in a safe manner sharing good practice with colleagues.
• You will contribute to continuous improvement of working practices.
• You will comply with all policies and procedures within the organisation.
• Carry out all duties with regards to and ensuring equal opportunities and work with all employees within the organisation in the fulfilment of our aims and objectives.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent - Essential
• AAT level 2 qualified or qualified by experience or equivalent - Essential
Knowledge & Experience
• At least two years bookkeeping experience -Essential
• Basic knowledge of double entry, credit control and trial balances - Essential
• Experience of using computerised financial systems (Xero, Sage) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) -Essential
• Demonstrable experience of communicating with non-financial managers -Essential
• Ability to manage time in accordance with business needs and monthly/quarterly reporting cycles -Essential
• Excellent numerical, written and verbal skills -Essential
Values and behaviours
• The highest levels of integrity, honesty and the ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality – Essential
• Listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others - Essential
• Uses evidence to make improvements, seeks out innovation - Essential
• Actively develops themselves and others - Essential
• Demonstrable commitment to partnership working with a range of external organisation - Essential
• Acts professionally and with integrity at all times
• Honest, respectful and professional in all interactions
• Driving Licence and use of own car
• Able to work flexibly and agilely to meet the needs of the business