Business Support Lead
Business Support Lead
Starting Salary ??48,195
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Business Support Lead to join the team working within the Programme Management Organisation (PMO) within our Surface Ships business unit. As the Business Support Lead you'll undertake business support for our Complex Warships support across the South West and Scotland.
Using your experience of Project and Programme Management you'll be leading on a number of activities including the development, maintenance and implementation of a clear risk management approach within Surface Ships.
Other responsibilities will include:
- The development, maintenance and implementation of a compliant Information Assurance and Security support function
- The development, maintenance and implementation of an effective Learning from Experience (LFE) framework across the scope of Surface Ship support
- The implementation of a configuration management process for all artefacts generated in support of Surface Ship support
- The implementation of an internal functional assurance/health check framework against key project and programme management disciplines
- The development, maintenance and implementation of a compliant business continuity planning function.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to be educated to degree level in a Business/Engineering/Technical subject; alternatively hold an HNC or equivalent qualification coupled with time-served experience. You will also be APMP/IPMA Level D qualified, hold a PMO qualification (eg P3O) and a Risk Management qualification (eg M_o_R).
We would also like you to have the following:
* Relevant Project and Programme Management experience
* Strong commercial awareness
* Performance Management experience
Lastly, you'll need to deploy excellent communication skills in order to deliver outputs at Board Level and to internal/external stakeholders.
What else do I need to know?
* This role is based at our Surface Ship business unit based at Devonport Royal Dockyard, however travel to Bristol and Scotland (Rosyth/Faslane) will be required on occasion.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
* The successful candidate will hold or be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this position.
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.
Closing date: Tuesday 4th June 2019