A new startup company based in central London. It aims to develop precise, agile and intelligent surgical robots that are dexterous, compact and versatile. The company expects to establish itself as a significant player in the medical devices field. This company has unique facilities in engineering development and clinical translation. as well as sharesa vibrant environment for technological start-ups. This start up is looking for a driven, energetic Buyer to come on board and assume the position of procurement manager. The buyer must be in full control of the entire day to day purchasing.
As the Buyer you will be responsible for working with a diverse supply base across EMEA. In your role as a Buyer you will be in total control of the supply chain, dealing on a day to day basis with suppliers to ensure components are delivered on time in full. As a buyer you will need to have a good understanding of the medical devices industry or the electro-mechanical industry (manufacturing). This job is suited ideally to a candidate with a few years' experience in purchasing electronic components who is looking to step into a role that will develop into a senior position.
- Strong understanding of the electronics/medical devices industry (This is a must.)
- Previous experience of vetting suppliers/on boarding suppliers
- A general understanding of working with technical drawings
- Good experience in chasing suppliers, negotating terms, reducing costs.
- Clear experience in Inventory management.
- Experience in helping audit suppliers to iso 14971
- Chinese/Mandarin Speaking
- 3 to 5 Year's Purchasing experience
- Medical Devices Background
- CIPS qualification or electronic engineering degree equivelant
Inntially starting at ??30,000 - ??40,000 + 5% with a salary increase to be agreed upon after an innitial 6 month period. There-after yearly salary increases Dependent on company growth and performance.
This role is an immediate requirement with interviews happening as early as Tuesday next week. Please get in touch ASAP if this could be something for you.